Lately, we’ve been reading about brands and people having a hard time protecting their identities on the Internet. While some things might be beyond your control, you can still keep the damage in check with some simple SEO techniques.
So what can brands do? Here are a few tips from Mashable.
- Step 1: Access your reputation
- Most brands already use Google Alerts, Twitter, Facebook and searches to listen to what people are saying online. So, if you’re doing these things, you’re off to a good start.
- Step 2: Set the tone
- Establish a positive presence online by posting content about your company. This will also push negative pages lower in searches. That said, always respond to any negative reviews of your business. Social networks are great tools for this purpose.
- Step 3: Link to all your content
- Tap as many social sites as possible, create blog posts and link it all back to your company’s website.
Even if you have a pristine reputation, you can use these same techniques to help keep it that way.