Shiny is a strategic creative services agency based in Wilmington, DE. Our goal is to create work that matters for our clients, and that drives their business to greater success. We work across digital and traditional touchpoints, multiple industries, and both b2b and b2c.
We’re looking to expand our team with an Account Manager that can help us deliver great work for our largest client relationship and help take it to the next level. Sound like you? Email your resume to email@example.com. More details below.
The Account Manager reports to the Account Director leading the client relationship.
Account Manager Job Description
The Account Manager (AM) helps manage the day-to-day client relationship, in tandem with the Account Director (AD). The AM works closely with all members of the Shiny team under the direction of the AD ensuring that we are delivering on our client’s needs and expectations every single day. They must work effectively with other departments to ensure timely project turnaround and maximum quality output and demonstrate an interest in learning and growing in the role. Flexibility in thinking, effective time management, ability to process lots of information to glean insights, strong written and oral skills and an innate sense of curiosity are hallmarks of what is needed in a successful AM.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports AD and others in delivering work to Clients. In some cases, may act as primary client contact for stand-alone projects.
- Responsible for working with the Project Manager (PM) and AD on project cost estimates and schedules for assigned client projects
- Keeps Clients well-informed on progress of work and helps identify opportunities to extend the client relationship
- Works with the AD or other Shiny team members on the organization, flow and content of all client meetings
- Communicates regularly with assigned Clients on day-to-day project deliverables and keeps clients up to date on things like project status, budget and risks, including publishing contact reports within 24 hours of client discussions
- Manages difficult and complex issues with appropriate support from other Shiny team members
- Demonstrates passion for our brand and our clients
- Supports AD on conducting briefings for internal team outlining specifics of project, business objectives, client strategy, and requirements
- Responsible for clearly articulating Creative Briefs (typically developed by the client) to the creative team to ensure they have the information needed to successfully execute the work and gets answers from the client for any open questions
- Monitors all program execution to ensure team has the proper level of information and resources to meet the client expectations and raises issues or concerns to the AD to determine resolution
- Provides insight to the team on client industry and competitive landscape
- Ensures written documents and client presentations are free of any errors
- Works with AD to ensure Shiny is invoicing clients for all work in a timely manner
- In conjunction with AD, manages and reports on revenue projections each month
- Supports on new business development outside of client portfolio, as requested
- Demonstrates understanding of how Shiny makes money and how to utilize the business levers that impact our profitability
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must demonstrate capacity and experience living Shiny’s core values of curiosity, fearlessness, problem solving, working as a team, taking ownership, being honest, and celebrating diversity.
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to foster long-term client relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment
- The ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel), Keynote and other basic desktop applications is assumed
Experience & Education
- 2 – 3 years professional experience in an agency or similar organization
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year, accredited college or university preferred
Extra Points For:
- Solid working knowledge of major social media platforms (especially LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook)
Shiny is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, a retirement plan with company match, unlimited time off, and a flexible working environment.