Shiny is a strategic creative services agency based in Wilmington, DE. Our goal is to create work that matters for our clients, and that drives their business to greater success. We work across digital and traditional touchpoints, multiple industries, and both b2b and b2c.
We’re looking to expand our team with a new, senior level creative hire that can help us build our largest client relationship and take it to the next level. Sound like you? Email your information to email@example.com. More details below.
Associate Creative Director Job Description
The Associate Creative Director (ACD) will work on a dedicated client team. The ACD will be responsible for partnering closely with the team’s Account Director (AD) to uncover new opportunities for account growth, delivering strategically sound creative concepts, and ensuring that all creative work is at the highest level to exceed our clients’ expectations. The ACD will serve as a thought leader with our client and will direct creative team members and freelancers on the creation of the work. The person we seek is equally comfortable with concepting on high-level strategic initiatives as they are with wordsmithing executions and shifting to production-level work when needed.
The Associate Creative Director reports to Shiny’s Partner, Creative Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive creative direction and vision for multiple projects for a large financial services client in digital (apps, websites, display ads, landing pages, email, social), user experience, collateral, direct mail, and video
- Collaboratively partner with account services to think through the client-prepared creative brief, define project strategy, and translate that strategy into the development of creative concepts and ideas
- Work with the Account Director on the creation of presentations to demonstrate thought leadership and share insights to position Shiny as a trusted creative partner and help grow the business
- Be a strategic thought leader in the room, helping our clients to think differently and take risks that will help them achieve their goals and create strong customer-centric experiences
- Help showcase our work in order to help grow the agency’s reputation and visibility
- Oversee the development of creative materials for the client, effectively directing internal and external team members
- Participate in new business efforts and presentations both for the specific client and for other agency opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
The ACD must be a self-starter with a passion for design, a natural curiosity, and interest in sharing ideas, tools, and insights to get others excited and make the work better. In addition to having at least 7 years of agency experience, this role requires the following skills:
- Exceptional design skills – must demonstrate a high level of sophistication in visual design, user experience, and overall creative aesthetic. Also, must demonstrate a unique understanding of what motivates people to take action across all platforms. Mobile-first mentality for digital experiences is a must.
- Problem-solving skills –they must be adept problem solvers and capable of thinking quickly even in urgent critical situations.
- Strategic mindset – must demonstrate a conceptual and strategic mindset for both big and small ideas, with a focus on detail
- Desire to innovate – continuously look for how to use innovative experiences to help our clients achieve their goals with customer-centric approaches
- Ongoing personal growth – interest and ability to continue to expand skill sets and knowledge, including staying abreast of technical and digital design trends and sharing with the team and/or clients when appropriate
- Ability to apply master brand guidance – ability to create work that is produced within client brand guidelines and also the ability and judgment to know when to propose solutions that breaks brand guidelines
- Drive improvement on creative team’s work – comfort and confidence with being the last line of review before work is delivered to the client and/or put into production
- Collaboration skills — work productively and effectively with members of the Shiny team, across levels and disciplines, as well as with our clients and external partners.
- Organizational skills – ability to handle personally or through other team members the creation and execution of multiple projects at once
- Technical skills – demonstrated expertise in the Adobe Suite (particularly PS and AI). Sketch, Keynote and any prototyping experience is helpful. Print expertise wanted, digital expertise a must.
- Reflect Shiny’s Values—demonstrated capacity and experience of living our core values of curiosity, fearlessness, problem solving, working as a team, taking ownership, being honest, and celebrating diversity
- Desired but not required – financial services experience, experience working on a dedicated team and/or AOR experience, understanding of both b2b and b2c needs from customer acquisition through ongoing customer engagement
Shiny is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, a retirement plan with company match, unlimited time off, and a flexible working environment.