Shiny is a strategic creative services agency based in Wilmington, DE. Our goal is to create work that matters for our clients, and that drives their business to greater success. We work across digital and traditional touchpoints, multiple industries, and both b2b and b2c.
We’re looking to expand our team with a Design Associate that can help us deliver great work for our largest client relationship and help take it to the next level.Sound like you? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. More details below.
The Design Associate reports to the Partner, Creative Director (CD).
Design Associate Job Description
The Design Associate (DA) is responsible for supporting the Creative Director (CD), Associate Creative Director (ACD) and Senior Designer (SD) in the execution of design work. Working under their direction, the DA is responsible for creating design materials across all mediums and ensuring that the work is consistent with given strategic direction. Creative thinking, effective time management, keen attention to detail, and good humor are hallmarks of what is needed in a successful DA.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating or refining design assets for client projects
- Responsible for understanding the goal of the client project, the overall strategic direction of Shiny’s solution to that project, the specific creative direction provided by the CD/SD, and for developing design solutions that meet those needs
- Accurately and consistently tracks time in Harvest
- Contributes to internal process improvement initiatives by sharing suggestions or helping pilot new approaches identified by other team members
- Supports business development activities beyond assigned clients, as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have an innate design sensibility and openness to continue honing the craft
- Must have a high degree of energy, motivation and dedication to quality and excellence
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently follow creative direction and feedback
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must have comfort working within multi-disciplinary teams, which may consist of client service, project management, technologists, media experts, etc.
- Must be able to handle multiple, diverse tasks and production efforts simultaneously
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must have a focus on detail and driving results
- Must demonstrate capacity and experience living Shiny’s core values of curiosity, fearlessness, problem solving, working as a team, taking ownership, being honest, and celebrating diversity.
Experience & Education
- 0 – 4 years in a fast-paced, professional environment or comparable internship experience is preferred
- College degree is preferred but not required
Shiny is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, a retirement plan with company match, unlimited time off, and a flexible working environment.