Shiny is a strategic creative services agency based in Wilmington, DE. Our goal is to create work that matters for our clients, and that drives their business to greater success. We work across digital and traditional touchpoints, multiple industries, and both b2b and b2c.
We are looking to expand our team with a new, senior level Client Services hire that can help us build solid client relationships, grow the agency, and be an effective member of our leadership team. Sound like you? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. More details below.
Director of Client Services Job Description
The Director of Client Services at Shiny will be responsible for maximizing our clients’ satisfaction and engagement and driving financial account growth. They will serve as a manager, mentor, and thought leader who will lead our Client Services team and oversee our agency customer support. This entails assigning day-to-day tasks and guiding teams through client interactions, as well as meeting with clients directly to cultivate relationships. This new hire needs to have an entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to drive growth, and be willing to invest time into helping with overall Shiny business planning and setting the vision for the company’s customer experience.
The Director of Client Services reports to Shiny’s Partner, Client Engagement & Strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide Strategic Direction – The Director will provide strategic direction by monitoring customer satisfaction and industry trends and then recommending new projects and solutions based on their findings.
• Cultivate Client Relationships – The Director will delegate daily support tasks to their staff and will engage directly with clients during complex situations such as high-level planning, contract signing, or unusual requests. The Director may also own some client relationships personally without additional Client Services support.
• Resolve Client Issues – The Director will lead customer support teams in resolving issues while complying with service-level agreements. In addition, the Director will regularly inform executives and relevant department heads about major product or service problems.
• Hire and Coach Team Members – The Director will take an active role in human resource activities such as recruitment, onboarding and talent development for the service teams. He/she will give out performance evaluations, offer coaching and mentoring. Current team consists of one direct report, with the goal of growing that in the coming months and years.
• Agency Management – The Director will be part of the agency leadership team and will be integral in working with the business partners to set the future direction of the agency.
• Thought Leadership – The Director will be asked to stay on top of trends in the industry and publish content to the agency’s social platform that reinforces our commitment to leading our clients into the future with forward-thinking solutions.
• Drive Profitable Revenue Growth — The Director will be responsible for growing existing client relationships, directly and via support by the larger Shiny team. In this capacity the Director will work closely with both the Partner, Client Engagement & Strategy and Partner, General Manager on monthly revenue projections and evaluating client profitability.
Skills and Qualifications
The Director of Client Services is attuned to customer needs and can translate these products/services or requirements. He/she will need to be a self-starter that will push projects to completion and respond to changing customer demands. In addition to having at least 7 years of agency experience, this role should possess the following skills:
Leadership Skills – take charge of client support in both strategy and implementation, and excel at decision-making and project management.
Data Analysis –skilled at data analysis, synthesizing market research, feedback (internal and external), and sales statistics to determine how to improve customer satisfaction.
Customer Service – keep the customer experience in mind throughout all of their tasks, whether they’re negotiating contracts with clients or restructuring operations for increased efficiency.
Problem-solving skills –they must be adept problem solvers and capable of thinking quickly even in urgent critical situations.
Organization Skills – track several projects, client accounts, employee teams and activities simultaneously, and they must maintain a comprehensive vision of all these to steer Shiny towards its customer support goals.
Collaboration Skills — work productively and effectively with members of the Shiny team, across levels and disciplines, as well as with our clients and external partners.
Reflect Shiny’s Values—demonstrated capacity and experience of living our core values of curiosity, fearlessness, problem solving, working as a team, taking ownership, being honest, and celebrating diversity.
Shiny is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, a retirement plan with company match, unlimited time off, and a flexible working environment.